Saturday 23 January 2016

Steadicam tutorial

Today we had a steadicam set-up demonstration and found that it was a complex process, which took a long time to set up and was difficult to balance, even more so as we have never used it before.  Additionally, as the cinematographer, I would have to take regular breaks if I were to use the steadicam. With all these factors, we found an issue regarding practicalityDue to the amount of time it would take to set up and that I had no experience using it, our group felt that it may actual affect the quality of our film and use up much of our limited and valuable filming period




By not using the steadicam, I could concentrate more on learning about and practising with the camera equipment I was already familiar with. Therefore, on the day, I would feel more confident filming and the time could be used productively to film all the required scenes as opposed to spending time setting up the steadicam. 

No comments:

Post a Comment